The Division was established to provide solutions to packaging problems of FIIRO and the nation at large it is domiciled in the Chemical, Fibre and Environmental Technology department of the institute.
AMONG ITS VARIOUS FUNCTIONS ARE:
1. Development of high quality packaging materials that meet global safety standards and affordable to SMEs.
2. To provide consultancy services to entrepreneurs and corporate bodies on packaging issues.
3. To provide packaging education through the organization of seminars, conferences and
workshops for entrepreneurs, corporate bodies and the public.
DEVELOPED TECHNOLOGIES IN PACKAGING
1. Packaging materials (transparent films) for snacks, biscuits, confectionaries and cereal Products
2. Packaging materials for bath-bar and black soaps
CURRENT RESEARCH PROJECTS
1. Design and development of packaging materials (modified atmosphere packaging) for snacks and low shelf life food products -peanut, plantain chips, etc
2. Design and development of suitable packaging materials (flexible packaging) for pasty food products (Tomato, Pepper and Onion)
3. Design and development of suitable packaging materials for food products in powdery food products.
4. Design and development of packaging materials for fresh fruits and vegetables from natural sources.
1. Institute of Packaging Nigeria (IOPN)
2. Indian Institute of Packaging (IIP)
3. Institute of Packaging, South Africa (IPSA)
4. American Society of Microbiology (ASM)
5. Society for Applied Microbiology, U.K. (SFAM)
6. Society for Industrial Microbiology, USA (SIM)
7. Association of Industrial Microbiology Nigeria (AIMN)
8. Biotechnology Society of Nigeria (BSN)
SAKIRDEEN ABIDEMI AJANI; PhD
Deputy Director (Packaging Technology Division)
Certificate in Packaging (India Institute of Packaging)
Certificate in Packaging (Institute of Packaging Nigeria)
Phone No: +2348023470542, +2348077554438