THE WASTE UTILIZATION DIVISION
The Waste utilization is one of the pioneer divisions of the Biotechnology department, the division is tagged at turning wastes (mainly agricultural waste) into useful forms through the application of basic biotechnological tools. The division also deploys fermentation techniques to produce goods and services that would benefit humanity at a large. some developed technologies by the division includes cultivation of edible mushroom, upgrade and standardization of fermented ugba and others.
- Mushroom programme
- Ïsolation and cultivation of edible mushroom – Auricularia species.
- Survey of Edible and Medicinal mushroom species in Nigeria.
- Conversion of spent mushroom substrate into biofertilizer.
DEVELOPED AVAILABLE TECHNOLOGIES
- Commercial cultivation of indigenous edible mushrooms
- Upgrade and Standardization of production process of some indigenous fermented foods e.g. Ugba.