In a quest to broaden its numerous activities, FIIRO management took a giant step of establishing a Liaison Office in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja in the year 2001 to co-ordinate the activities of the Institute in Abuja. The major function of the Abuja Liaison office is to harness and deploy available resources to accelerate the overall achievement of the institute’s goals and objective. Through this office, the activities relating to all departments of the Institute within the headquarters (Lagos), have been well-coordinated in Abuja over the years.
Furthermore the office develops appropriate synergy by interfacing between the Institute, MDAs and relevant stakeholders for general application of Science, Technology and Innovation for the promotion of effective utilization of Research and Development products.
The liaison office also has training/entrepreneurship facility to satisfy the yearnings of would-be investors and entrepreneurs.
- Assisting the Director-General/CEO in the day-to-day management of the Institute as it relates to FIIRO Abuja Office.
- Implementing the policies of the Institute as they apply to Abuja and FCT.
- Preparing draft expenditure estimate and development plans for the Abuja Office.
- Liaising on behalf of the Director-General with the National Assembly (Red and Green Chambers).
- Booking and co-ordinating appointments for the Director General and Board members.
- Managing high level stakeholders’ access to the Director-General in Abuja.
- Managing the schedule of the DG to ensure priorities are given to DG’s activities in Abuja.
- Coordinating the Director-General’s response to emergencies in Abuja.
- Reports on activities of Abuja office.
- Supervision of Exhibition and Entrepreneurship Centre under FIIRO Abuja Office.
- Performing such other functions as may be determined by the Director General.
- Liaison and Compliance
- Forging the Abuja Office into an entity made relevant to the activities of FIIRO Headquarters, Lagos through the effective deployment and co-ordination of available human resources to achieve the Institute’s mandate.
- Develops appropriate synergy between the institute and other major/key MDAs, parastatal, and stakeholders in order to successfully achieve FIIRO's mandate. Some of these stakeholders/agencies includes; Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF), Federal Ministry of Science and Technology(FMST) Federal Ministry of Finance and National Planning, Budget Office of the Federation, Accountant General’s office (OAGF), Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Presidential Initiative on Continuous Auditing Office and others
- Assisted in the identification of market-driven R&D projects for the Institute in alignment with the needs and demands of Abuja metropolis.
- Attending trade fairs, exhibitions, seminars and symposia etc in Abuja on behalf of the Institute
- Consultancy and Investment Advisory Services to on-line/visiting clients on the technologies developed by the Institute and following up on acceptability.
- Managing, assigning, directing and reporting financial state of the Institute as it relates to Capital and Recurrent budgets.
- Sourcing for both local and international training opportunities for officers of the Institute by liaising with International organizations such as UNIDO, USAID etc on related technical matters and training opportunities for staff.