The Federal Institute of Industrial Research Oshodi (FIIRO) is the foremost Research Institute in Nigeria. The Production, Analytical and Laboratory Management (PALM) is one of the technical departments in the Institute.
This department is the door to all activities of the Institute. From staff analyses to contract analyses to production of FIIRO developed food products to management of our laboratories.
Vision of the Department:
To become the hallmark of excellence in the provision of highest quality Analytical services and Laboratory Management Services to support Research and Development and to stand as a model in the production and commercialization of FIIRO research products.
Mission of the Department:
To promote FIIRO Research technologies through Quality Production processes and enhanced Analytical and Laboratory Management system in accordance with International Standards.
- To meet global food standards considering the fact that the consumer are becoming more aware and countries demanding that food be safe for consumption as the developed countries.
- To meet up with the liberalization of economies and globalization of markets.
- To ensure that food products developed, produced and transferred to consumers and SMEs for large scale production by FIIRO satisfies the global food safety standard.
- To be one of the foremost laboratory accredited to ISO 17025 in Nigeria.
1. Implementation of ISO 17025, ISO 22000, ISO 9001
2. Engage in staff training and re-training.
3. Development and use of standard analytical procedures.
4. Regular maintenance and calibration of analytical equipment.
5. Ensure compliance to all laboratory and plant safety standards.
6. Provision of a conducive working environment.
7. Customer Feedback.
- An Institute that is known globally due to the implementation of global standards to the system.
- An Institute constantly producing safe quality food.
- Aiding in the exportation of certified locally manufactured products for international trade.
- Exceeding the customers' expectation.
- Safe and conducive working environment.
The department runs some programmes such as:
1. Training of Personnel on Quality Control Analysis.
2. Training of Personnel on Operational and use of Analytical equipment.
3. Equipment maintenance.
4. Laboratory accreditation.
There are five (5) Divisions in the PALM Department; namely:
Contact the Department
DR. (MRS) AGNES 'YEMISI ASAGBRA
DIRECTOR, PRODUCTION, ANALYTICAL AND LABORATORY MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
Ph.D in Food and Industrial Microbiology
Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) ISO 2200:2005
Quality Management Systems (QMS) ISO 9001:2008; ISO 9001:2015
Page 2 of 2