The activities of PEDS are grouped as below:
i. Design of prototype equipment using computer aided design (CAD)
ii. Development of prototype equipment using computer aided manufacturing (CAM)
iii. Optimization of equipment design and manufacturing using Computer aided engineering (CAE), Rapid prototyping (RP) and Reverse engineering (RE).
iv. Automation of prototype unit operation equipment and pilot plant equipment.
v. Technical training (Certifications) and services to industries, individuals and institutions.
Vision and Mission of the Division
To be the foremost Centre for prototype design and development for agro-allied industries.
On-going research projects
- Design and fabrication of carbonation system for drinks.
- Design and fabrication of orange and tomato concentrator.
- Design and fabrication of pepper grinding machine.
- Documentation of all completed PDD projects using CAD software.
- Design and fabrication of a solar electroplating powered system
1· Adhesive Reactor
2· Manual Cashew Nut Sheller
3· Batch Cashew nut Roaster (Hot oil)
4· Manual Pelletizer
5· Manual Cowpea Dehuller
6· Cassava Chipping Machine
Contact the Head of the Division
Engr. A.O. Komolafe, FNSME